Dealing with prickly heat or heat rash, naturally.
Prickly Heat , also commonly known as Heat Rash is caused by blocked sweat glands. Babies and children can also get prickly heat rash in hot weather because their sweat glands are not fully developed.
The tiny white bumps indicative of prickly heat can be found in a number of areas including
- Under breasts
- Elbow folds
Prickly heat is prevalent in the summer months and particularly in humid climates.
- High humidity
- High temperature
- Sauna’s & steam rooms
- Sweating or hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating)
- Tight garments
- Non-breathable fabrics
- Body oils
- Fragranced lotions
- Wash the affected area with a non-soap wash i.e. Pinetarsol Gel.
- Rinse with water and repeat as often as needed, after exercise or prolonged heat exposure.
- Apply cool packs as a great way to relieve the itchiness, and in more severe cases use of cortisone & anti fungal creams. Talk to your GP or Pharmacist about these.
- Wear light cotton or absorbent fabrics that aerate the skin especially in the folds of the skin i.e.elbows, knees and groin areas.
Looking for a product to ease the symptoms of prickly heat rash quickly? Try an easy to use soothing spray like Mario’s Prickly Heat Spray.
Mario’s Prickly Heat Spray
√ May provide rapid relief of symptoms of Prickly Heat Rash
√ Easy to apply spray bottle
√ Instantaneously cooling
√ Soothes and calms skin
√ Contains antiseptic to help prevent infection